NICKELODEON BRINGS SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS’
BIKINI BOTTOM TO LIFE AT COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL:
SAN DIEGO JULY 18-21, 2019
Nick’s 1800 Square-Foot Booth Commemorates 20 Years of the Iconic Series
with Immersive Experience featuring The Krusty Krab, The Chum Bucket
and Mrs. Puff’s Boating School
BURBANK, Calif.–June 18, 2019–Nickelodeon is celebrating 20 years of SpongeBob SquarePants by inviting fans to enter into the world of Bikini Bottom at Comic-Con International: San Diego July 18-21, 2019. Headquartered at its 1,800 square-foot booth (#4113) on the convention floor, Nickelodeon will pay tribute to incurably optimistic SpongeBob SquarePants and his undersea friends with activations, panels, talent signings and interactive design elements featuring: The Krusty Krab, The Chum Bucket and Mrs. Puff’s Boating School.
Every day of the convention, Nick’s booth will feature: an interactive game inside The Krusty Krab, where fans will go head to head to complete food orders in a race against the clock; a photo opportunity with a replica of Mrs. Puff’s Boating School; The Chum Bucket towering 22 feet tall over the retail area, where attendees can purchase a variety of exclusive Nick gear and one-of-a-kind collectables; costumed character appearances; autograph signings with SpongeBob SquarePants cast members and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles creator and executive producers; and more special appearances to be announced in the coming weeks.
Nickelodeon will present two panels during the convention: “SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout,” a deep dive into the series, celebrating 20 years of SpongeBob SquarePants; and “To Shell and Back,” an exclusive history-making TMNT creator panel, comprised of three generations of Turtle creators.
The following is a full rundown of the panels and booth activity:
SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout!
Drop on the deck and flop like a fish because Nickelodeon is celebrating 20 years of SpongeBob SquarePants! Dive deep down into the making of the brand-new special, “SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout!” with co-executive producers Vincent Waller and Marc Ceccarelli. Voice actors Tom Kenny (SpongeBob), Bill Fagerbakke (Patrick), Rodger Bumpass(Squidward), Carolyn Lawrence (Sandy), Mr. Lawrence (Plankton) and Clancy Brown (Mr. Krabs) will discuss what it was like to portray their characters in front of the camera for the first time in this live action-animation hybrid special. Moderated by: David Canfield (Entertainment Weekly).
To Shell and Back: An exclusive TMNT creator panel
It’s creator COWABUNGA time! Three generations of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles creators will take the stage to celebrate the history, fandom, and success of the Heroes in a Half -Shell. This exclusive history-making event will give fans rare access to co-executive producers Andy Suriano and Ant Ward (Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), executive producer Ciro Nieli (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), and legendary TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman. United for the first time, these award-winning creators will answer fan questions, share audience giveaways and unveil never-before-seen original TMNT art. Moderated by Mike Cecchini (Den of Geek).
DAILY BOOTH ACTIVITY
- Customized T-Shirt Station: Fans can purchase a t-shirt from the retail shop and customize it on the spot with characters and art from their choice of eight fan-favorite Nick shows: All That, SpongeBob SquarePants, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Loud House, Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra.
- Autograph Signings: Signing opportunities with: SpongeBob SquarePants voice talent and executive producers; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ co-creator and executive producers.
- Costumed-Character Appearances: SpongeBob SquarePants and Bikini Bottom friends–Patrick Star, Sandy Cheeks, Squidward, Mr. Krabs and Pearl–will make appearances at Nick’s booth at select times during the convention.
- Retail: Attendees can purchase Comic-Con exclusive figures and collectibles, the winter edition of the Nick Box, t-shirts, and more.
- Giveaways: Enter for a chance to win special prizes over the course of the convention.
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location based experiences, publishing and feature films. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).