DC UNIVERSE ANNOUNCES THE CHARACTERS
APPEARING IN DC’S STARGIRL
Debuting First on DC UNIVERSE on May 18, DC’S STARGIRL Features Brec Bassinger, Luke Wilson, Amy Smart, Yvette Monreal, and More
WHAT: DC UNIVERSE today revealed the official posters for DC’S STARGIRL, highlighting heroes and villains from the digital streaming service’s upcoming original series. The highly-anticipated live-action superhero drama from creator Geoff Johns, premiering on DC UNIVERSE on Monday, May 18, showcases an all-star cast including Brec Bassinger (Courtney Whitmore/Stargirl), Luke Wilson (Pat Dugan/S.T.R.I.P.E), and Yvette Monreal (Yolanda Montez/Wildcat). Announced for the first time, the full list of characters and the actors who portray them can be found below.
- Courtney Whitmore/Stargirl – Brec Bassinger (“School of Rock,” “The Goldbergs”)
- Pat Dugan/S.T.R.I.P.E – Luke Wilson (“Old School,” “Idiocracy”)
- Yolanda Montez/Wildcat – Yvette Monreal (“Matador,” “Faking It”)
- Barbara Whitmore – Amy Smart (“Just Friends,” “Varsity Blues”)
- Sylvester Pemberton/Starman – Joel McHale (“Community,” “Ted”)
- Beth Chapel/Dr. Mid-Nite – Anjelika Washington (“Tall Girl,” “Young Sheldon”)
- Rick Tyler/Hourman – Cameron Gellman (“Heathers,” “20th Century Women”)
- Ms. Brooks/Tigress – Joy Osmanski (“Santa Clarita Diet,” “Dead Night”)
- Dr. Henry King/Brainwave – Christopher James Baker (“True Detective,” “Ozark”)
- Jordan Mahkent/Icicle – Neil Jackson (“Welcome to Marwen,” “Absentia”)
- Dr. Ito/Dragon King – Nelson Lee (“Blade: The Series,” “Mulan (2006)”)
- Crock/Sportsmaster – Neil Hopkins (“Lost,” “The Good Wife”)
DC UNIVERSE members will be the first to stream new episodes, every Monday commercial-free in downloadable 4K Ultra HD. Additionally, members will have access to several exclusive offerings, including extended versions of select episodes, behind-the-scenes footage of cast and crew, exclusive collectible pins and limited-edition posters, fan community forum to discuss the latest episodes and access to deep dive into all the comics that inspired the series.
From original creator and comic book writer Geoff Johns (executive producer of “Titans”, “Arrow,” “Batwoman,” and “The Flash”), DC’S STARGIRL follows high school sophomore Courtney Whitmore (Brec Bassinger) as she moves to Blue Valley, Nebraska after her mother remarries Pat Dugan (Luke Wilson) and inspires an unlikely group of young heroes to stop the villains of the past. The live-action superhero drama reimagines the 1999 Stargirl comics and the very first superhero team, the Justice Society of America, in an unpredictable series. DC’S STARGIRL is lovingly inspired by Johns’ late sister, who was killed in a plane accident.
WHEN: DC UNIVERSE’S DC’S STARGIRL will premiere on Monday, May 18, in advance of The CW broadcast on Tuesday, May 19.
WHERE: The DC UNIVERSE digital subscription service. For more information on DC’S STARGIRL, visit https://www.wbtvd.com/.