DUELISTS VIE FOR CHAMPIONSHIP GOLD
AS YCS ACTION RETURNS TO NEW JERSEY!!
Weekend’s Events Include Dragon Duel Tournament for Younger Players
El Segundo, Calif. (June 1, 2018) – Five years after YCS Meadowlands the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series (YCS) is headed back to New Jersey! Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (KONAMI) is kicking off a new era of competition in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG). With a new Advanced Format and the Championship debut of Flames of Destruction, YCS Secaucus, NJ will set the pace for the World Championship Qualifier (WCQ) season.
Hundreds of Duelists are expected at the Meadowlands Exposition Center for the final YCS in the run-up to the World Championship Qualifiers (WCQs). With Pendulum Magicians and True Dracos taking big hits from the recently-updated Forbidden & Limited List, the field is clear for tested strategies like Mekk-Knights, Invoked, Trickstars, SPYRAL and more, while new themes from Flames of Destruction are ready to explode into competition. Will Altergeists reign supreme? How many Duelists will call on the Knightmares, and what Decks will those flexible Link Monsters appear in? The questions are already flying thick and fast, and we won’t know the answers until Sunday afternoon when one Duelist is left standing.
The title of Champion and the prestige of a YCS win will fuel fierce competition and incredible innovation over the course of the weekend. But competitors will also have a chance to win a stunning spread of prizes, led by the YCS Prize Card Number 89: Diablosis the Mind Hacker! The winner of YCS Secaucus will be the last person to take home an exclusive Ultra Rare copy, while 2nd and 3rd place finishers will earn Super Rares.
The winner of the YCS Secaucus main event will be awarded paid travel and accommodations to their 2018 World Championship Qualifier, where they’ll have all the perks of VIP Duelist status. Both Finalists win exclusive YCS-branded premium Messenger Bags, and the complete Top 8 will claim high-end PlayStation®4 gaming systems for their efforts. Each Duelist who survives the Swiss rounds and ascends to the Top 32 will receive a YCS Top Cut Game Mat featuring Number 89: Diablosis the Mind Hacker available only to YCS Top Cut finishes, plus World Qualifying Points, Ultimate Duelist Series Points, and invites to their WCQs.
Pre-registration for YCS Secaucus will run from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. on Friday, June 1 at the Meadowlands Exposition Center. All Duelists who pre-register and submit their valid Deck list on Friday will receive one of the Yu-Gi-Oh! branded Attribute Dice, randomly blind-bagged. Registration will reopen at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday June 2, continuing to 9:45 a.m, with Round 1 beginning promptly at 10 a.m. All Duelists will receive five booster packs of Flames of Destruction upon registering, and while supplies last, registrants can also get “Yugi Hair” to wear at the event. The YCS Secaucus main event tournament will be played in the Constructed Advanced Format. Attendees can find the answers to many questions here: http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/events/2018/YCS-Secaucus_FAQ.html
Meadowlands Exposition Center
355 Plaza Drive
Secaucus, New Jersey, 07094
For Duelists born 2005 or later, two Dragon Duel tournaments will be held at YCS Secaucus on June 2 and 3. These Saturday and Sunday tournaments will be sealed using Battle Pack: Epic Dawn, and each Duelist is given ten sealed Battle Packs to build their Deck. Each Dragon Duel tournament awards invitations to the 2018 Dragon Duel World Championship Qualifier based on attendance.
The winning Dragon Duelist from Saturday will compete against Sunday’s Dragon Duel winner in a best-of-3 match Sunday afternoon, played with their own Constructed Deck built for Advanced Format rules. The winner of that match will be awarded a Dragon Duel Championship Trophy, Super Rare set of the Darklords YCS Prize Cards and claim the title of YCS Secaucus Dragon Duel Champion!
A full spread of Public Events will run all weekend long, including 2018 Regional Qualifiers; Ultimate Duelist Series Qualifiers; 3 vs. 3 Team Dueling; two ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!! events; Win-A-Mat, Sealed Structure Deck, Sealed Starter Deck, Battle City, Yu-Gi-Oh! School Tournament Series, Duelist League, and Generation Duel tournaments.
YCS Secaucus Prizing Information:
- 1st place – Ultra Rare Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prize Card: Number 89: Diablosis the Mind Hacker; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Trophy; paid travel and accommodations to the winner’s 2018 World Championship Qualifier, with invite to compete and VIP status; YCS branded premium Messenger Bag; PlayStation®4 Pro 1 TB system; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; and 30 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
- 2nd place – Super Rare Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prize Card: Number 89: Diablosis the Mind Hacker; invite to the 2018 World Championship Qualifier tournament; YCS branded premium Messenger Bag; PlayStation®4 Pro 1 TB system; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; and 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
- 3rd place – Super Rare Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prize Card: Number 89: Diablosis the Mind Hacker; invite to the 2018 World Championship Qualifier tournament; PlayStation®4 Pro 1 TB system; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; and 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
- 4th place – Invite to the 2018 World Championship Qualifier tournament; PlayStation®4 Pro 1 TB system; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; and 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
- 5th – 8th place – Invite to the 2018 World Championship Qualifier tournament; PlayStation 4 1TB system; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; and 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
- 9th – 16th place – Invite to the 2018 World Championship Qualifier tournament; 24 Booster Packs of Flames of Destruction; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; and 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
- 17th – 32nd place – Invite to the 2018 World Championship Qualifier tournament; Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Top Cut Game Mat; and 10 Ultimate Duelist Series Points.
Players that make the Top Cut at the YCS will also be awarded World Qualifying Points based on standings.
YCS Secaucus Dragon Duel Prizing Information:
- 1st – 4th place –2018 Regional Game Mat; Dragon Duel Medal; and a Dragon Duel T-Shirt.
Duelists can now watch episodes of the exciting new Yu-Gi-Oh! animated series, Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS, available subtitled on Crunchyroll. The series will be simulcast with a new episode available one hour after it is broadcast in Japan, at 6:25AM EST (Simulcast currently available in the US and Latin America). Watch here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/yu-gi-oh-vrains!
Additionally, Duelists can watch a new episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V every Saturday on Nicktoons – check local listings for times. In addition, all-new Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episodes every Tuesday as well as all of classic Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s can be seen on www.yugioh.com in the United States. In Canada, Duelists can watch episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V every Friday and Saturday on Teletoon! For more information on KONAMI or the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, please visit www.yugioh-card.com or call 310-220-8630 to speak directly with a Yu-Gi-Oh! customer support team member.
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 25 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI’s software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 25 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI HOLDINGS CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiaries, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. in Windsor, the United Kingdom. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.konami.com.